Mushroom Monday

During the jubilant rains of July, such a motley group of mushrooms peppered our woodland in ceaseless shapes and colors. What little gifts to behold. I took countless photos throughout July so here, in my virtual alcove, on Mondays I will try to share some of my favorite fungi photos.

These lovely yellow ones popped up almost right before my eyes. Although I have yet to identify these, they were fun to watch. In a matter of hours the tiny yellow Easter egg rose from the ground and the others in the group opened up and out. A time lapse video would have been awesome.

The first sighting of the mushroom just pushing through the earth. 

Maybe two hours later.

Probably about 4 to 6 hours after the first photo. This little guy probably grew a half inch an hour. 



Comments